Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pre-Flight Check Done!

The Goa trip is getting close so the Beast was sent into the workshop for a quick checkup today. All fluids were checked and the RHS Headlamp was replaced. Also, the Map Light cover that had fallen off last year has been replaced as well.

The truck was taken by the Pandit Auto staff at 10 am and delivered on time at 4 pm. Everything replaced/checked cost me nothing. In fact the cost of this complete exercise was nil!

I am happy to say the dealer has exceeded my expectations this time around and full marks to them! Hope all Tata Motors Dealers across the country provide service like this to their customers. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As recommended by TATA in the manual, in city running traffic Oil change is required earlier than 10k.

You have an Oil change coming up at 7500Km mark.

Perhaps after your Goa trip, you will have clocked it.

Akash said...

Could you please post some pictures of the cars interior specially of the centre console.thanks.

bm-log said...

Hi Dadu,

I checked about the oil change and the Works Manager re confirmed that the oil will now be changed at the 15000 mark which is the next service. I checked the User Manual and found the info on Pg148.

As my beast does not meet either of the 4 points mentioned under "Sever Driving Conditions" I am happy to wait till after the Goa trip to decide whether an oil change is needed.

Anonymous said...

I am sure all of us driving in the major cities will meet Point C - Driving 50% in Start-Stop heavy city traffic.

So if you have driven 3k Kms in Pune, you qualify for an oil change at 7.5k kms.

bm-log said...

Hi Dadu,

Most of my running in the Beast is on the highway. Out of the just under 6000 kms clocked currently hardly 1500 would be in the city. I have a Santro for the city.;-)