Monday, November 19, 2007

First Service Coming Up!

Have just booked the first service for my Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT. A few things have to be sorted as seems to be the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) was not done very well on my beast if in fact it was done at all. After the loose battery cable that stranded me on the 2nd day of ownership let me just say that the bad taste in the mouth after that episode is just about leaving me now.

The list of things to be done apart from the usual 1st service stuff is as follows:

  1. Rubber Bushing under the bonnet to be added as it was missing at the time of delivery.
  2. Steering wheel needs to be centered.
  3. All the seats are squeaking and there is a "Clicking" sound in the middle seats that need to be fixed.
  4. 4th vent on the right hand side of the Roof mounted A/C is very loose and keeps dropping down. Needs fixing.
  5. 2 plastic screw caps in the door panels have to be replaced as they are currently very loose and drop off at the slightest door closing.
  6. All the doors need to be aligned and set properly.
On the bright side @ 1500 kms the engine is purring and the surge in the 2nd and 3rd gears is more prominent now!

6 comments:

Akash said...

Pls blog more frequently.

bm-log said...

Hi Akash,

Will try to be a little more frequent but have had to back off from the beast a bit as I have crossed 1500Km mark and though the dealer has agreed to service nonetheless I don't want to go too much over this mark. Servicing is booked for the coming Friday so once that's done I shall be back in the drivers seat so to speak. In the meantime if you have any queries or you need any info do write in.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

why the delay to get the service done? i wouldn't be taking chances with TASC. God forbid, if something goes wrong with the vehicle, Tata will refuse to acknowledge the problem and will safely blame you for not having followed the service schedule. Especially true if you opt for the extended warranty.

bm-log said...

Hi Sumit,

Actually I had made the call to book for the service much earlier but since the earliest they could give was Friday I told them that the 1500 mark would probably be crossed by then. They confirmed that if it was within 100km off the mark it was ok. To be fair the truck had already clocked 132kms on delivery so I don't think they can be that strict about this.

But thanks for bring this to my attention, I shall be more careful in the future. It is my first TATA vehicle that I have owned and I hope it is not my last. ;-)

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Do you get the turbo whistle sound since I believe the turbo sound is no longer heard in the 2.2l engine.

bm-log said...

No I don't get any turbo whistle except that when you touch 140kmph you get a "Turbo Trombone". Otherwise no crazy sounds from the engine at all. It is the squeaking seats that are currently driving me crazy!