Saturday, January 5, 2008

In A Word - WOW!

Got the beast back and all the stuff seems to have been sorted. (See list below). The truck is now one smooth operator and has not sounded so quite ever. It took them 2 working days but the results are there to savour. The parts that were problem areas have all been replaced. The car was taken from my residence and dropped back. The cost of this complete exercise was Rs.0.00/-

Full marks to Pandit Auto in Pune for first organizing the CARFUN event and then backing it up with good service. Now I can finally have some fun in my car!!! Hooray!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog closesly ever since I saw the new Safari. Great job and my worry always been with the buil quality and the reliablity. Rattling is another issue that I cannot live with. Afer a few months research (mostly your blogs) I settled for a lame sedan; an optra.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the new engine in Safari was developed with the help of Fiat? Just the same way Swift diesel was done. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nix

bm-log said...

Hi Nix,

Hopefully the build quality will improve with the new generation Safari. Yes, in this present model that remains an issue.

But, and that is a big but, if one has the dealer support like I do this is one mean machine to own.

The new engine the 2.2 was developed by TML in league with AVL of Austria. I have not heard any inputs from FIAT for the same. The 1.3 Multijet Engine in the Swift is licensed from FIAT so in reality it is a FIAT engine built by Maruti for the swift. You will see the same engine in the New Indica and the Fiat Punto when it come to India.