Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Car Fun - What?

Sorry been away from blogland for a few weeks. Just as I was getting ready to storm into the dealers one day to let them know what I thought of the squeaks that were driving me mad I got an invitation to visit a customer forum - Carfun organized by them on the 22nd.

In the meantime I have confirmed that the rear squeaks are only tailgate related. So now it should be easier to fix. So off I went to Carfun. The start was 45 mins late due to technical faults with laptop and projector. Not good.

Anyways we got going and the Indica owners started things off. Finally after a few minutes got my turn with the mic and I brought to their notice 3 points.

1. Why did the truck need 2 liters of engine oil in its first service and why did I pay for it? Also, why did I get a recite that mentioned "Petrol Engine Oil"?

2. The squeaks were never really fixed in that service despite the 48 hour service period. What did they plan to do about this?

3. The Protective Engine Coating that I paid Rs.900/- for was botched. The hood was shut before the coating could dry and some of the insulation wool from under the hood is now stuck to the black plastic engine cover. (The Beast is now Hairy!!!) What action would be taken for such shoddy work?

On point No.1 they did the usual merry go round and word juggling. On realizing that they were not really taking any meaningful measures to calm me down the dealer as well as the TML guys agreed that I should not have paid for the 2 liters.

Point 2 & 3 was accepted straight away by the dealer who has assured me that the squeaks will be dealt with in a day. The "Hair" in the engine bay will also be seen to and I await a call from Pandit Auto soon to get this mess sorted.

All in all I did find the forum very useful in getting the customers grievances across. Finally TML has realized the importance of this. No longer are they burying their heads in the sand and pretending to be the best car makers of the land.

Carfun is a monthly affair and any Tata Car customer can attend. This is a good start!

2 comments:

Roopesh said...

Hi, how do I know when a similar forum will be in my part of the country, (Trivandrum) with whom should I enquire about it ? Sure seem to be a nice initiative on part of TML.

bm-log said...

Hi Roopesh,

Check with your dealer. It should be happening across the country at the dealers end, with TML's blessings.

I agree it is a good idea as it brings us the consumers back in the picture.